MyQaa, the mobile app for events and conferences, started a new initiative to recognise female leaders in the emerging events industry, and we are extremely proud and honoured that our CEO, Kate Jackson, was listed as one of the top 5 women in event tech!
A jury panel of influencers within the industry submitted their nominations of women who ‘are currently working in event technology companies and have made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of women and the industry’. Following the review of the nominees, the jury panel chose their Top 5:
- Julia Hartz, Eventbrite (US)
- Dahlia El Gazzar, The Meeting Pool (US)
- Kate Jackson, TableCrowd (UK)
- Liz King, techsytalk (US)
- Tahira Endean, Quickmobile (Canada)
We’re also pleased with the fact that Kate’s also representing the UK in the list as well! Be sure to read MyQaa’s full blog post on their initiative as they’re hoping that ‘this group of positive role models will inspire women to join our sector and to achieve their career goals’.
We also want to recognise the other nominees as each and every one of them is doing their part in promoting women in event tech:
- Jane Baker, 2Heads Global Design
- Tamar Beck, GleanIn
- Lea Bloom, MCI Group
- Midori Connolly, AV Girl Productions
- Stefania Conti-Vecchi, The Eventagist
- Alda Egurrola-Wienke, Cvent
- Iris Goldman, OLE On Location Engagements
- Melissa Ooi, ASP
- Steph Pfeilsticker, Hybrid Events Authority
- Melissa Pinard, InitLive, Inc
- Tal Shoham, Evolero
- Courtney Stanley, eventmobi
- Anne Tsai, DoubleDutch
- Leonora Valvo, insightXM
Keep up the good work ladies!